Shure 522 Dual impedance desktop microphone suppresses unwanted background noise in public address and paging applications.
Legendary Shure quality and durability. Easy to use and easy to setup. And because of that ease, it is one of the most popular base station mics made today. Or ever.
The Shure 522 microphone is designed for indoor, fixed station, communication systems including police, fire, transportation, restaurant, and industrial applications. It is suitable for high noise environments because of its unidirectional pattern.
The Shure 522 dynamic base station microphone is the perfect microphone for use in radio communications, paging, intercom systems, and dispatching operations because of its push-to-talk control bar which prevents accidental transmission. You can easily set the 522’s output to low impedance (from 19 ohms to 300 ohms), or to a high-impedance (hi-Z) connection which can help you match an older systems via a switch on the bottom panel. You can also lock the 522’s highly durable momentary control bar to suit your needs simply by pulling it forward. Which is perfect for use with an external relay or control circuit.
Shure 522 Dynamic Base Station Microphone Features at a Glance:
- Cardioid/unidirectional pickup pattern suppresses unwanted background noise and reduces feedback in public-address paging applications
- Dual impedance modes with change switch for convenient changeover — 19 ohms to 300 ohms (260 ohms actual) and “High” for connection hi-Z mic inputs
- Fingertip control bar (with locking or nonlocking action)
- Long-life switch to satisfy rigorous requirements of communications and paging systems
- Sturdy, high impact, high durability, ARMO-DUR base and microphone case
- Adjustable microphone height
- Internal rubber vibration isolator
- Conversion kit available for monitor/transmit switching
- 7′ nondetachable cable with one pair shielded and one pair non-shielded and pre-stripped
- 60Hz-11kHz frequency response
- Net weight: 1.625 lbs.
|Frequency Response||From 60 to 11,000 Hz Response|
|Polar Pattern||Cardioid (unidirectional) pickup pattern, uniform with frequency, and symmetrical about the axis|
|lmpedance||Dual Impedance. Microphone impedance is 150 ohms (260 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated at 19 to 300 ohms and “High” for connection to high-impedance microphone inputs. Switch is in it’s high-impedance position as supplied.|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.