JBL Control 29AV-1 extended bandwidth, defined coverage, and upgraded voicing ensures that you get evenly flat, high-fidelity performance every time you power it on. The Control 29AV1’s high-frequency horn is also adjustable, allowing you to rotate it for either vertical or horizontal use. And thanks to JBL’s SonicGuard overload protection, massive overloads or clipping won’t affect the quality of the Control 29AV1’s sound. Drive these speakers hard and they’ll still sound good. Although these speakers are a bit larger than standard compact loudspeakers, they make up for their size by providing exceptionally well-controlled coverage and sound characteristics in any listening area.
Totally Protected in Rain or Shine
Speaking of different listening areas, the Control 29AV-1 performs well no matter where you put it. If it’s in use during an outdoor concert and it starts to rain, no worries — the speaker will still do its job. Designed to handle any weather situation, the Control 29AV-1 has a Kevlar woofer cone with a butyl rubber surround and a rear-loaded driver basket to protect it from direct exposure to the elements. What’s more, the speaker sports a titanium compression driver, thermoset composite coated grille (with foam to minimize water incursion), rust-resistant nickel/zinc terminals, and a sealed-entrance cover to protect the speaker’s terminals.
The magnetically shielded Control 29AV1 can be placed near video monitors, as close as 9 inches away, without getting visual distortion or damage resulting from prolonged exposure. Moreover, its line distribution transformer allows you to run the speaker off of either 70V or 100V distributed speaker lines, while its 8-ohm impedance allows multiple loudspeakers to be connected to a single line.
InvisiBall Makes It Easy to Install
Use its included InvisiBall mounting hardware to install the Control 29AV-1 on a wall, ceiling, or anywhere you need it. Rotate the speaker horizontally (up to 41 degrees off-axis) or vertically (up to 36 degrees) and aim it directly at your listeners.
The Control 29AV1 includes a MTC-PC2 input panel cover, the InvisiBall mounting base, and a 6 mm x 260 mm InvisiBall Hex wrench.
– Extended bandwidth, extremely smooth frequency response
– 110 x 85 degree HF coverage, rotatable horn
– 110W transformer for 70V or 100V lines, with 8W thru
– SonicGuard overload protection offers full-range power limiting to protect network and transducers
– 8″ (200 mm) Kevlar cone woofer for booming lows
– 1″ (25 mm) titanium diaphragm compression driver for crystal-clear highs
– Weather-resistant design for indoor or outdoor use
– InvisiBall mounting hardware included (also ten 6 mm suspension points)
– Sealed input panel cover and screw-down input terminals
– Frequency Range: 40 Hz to18 kHz (-10 dB)
– Power Capacity: 300 W Continuous Program Power 150 W Continuous Pink Noise
– Frequency Response: 45 Hz to 18 kHz ( +/- 3 dB)
– Max SPL @ 1m: Short-Term: 120 dB; Long-Term: 114 dB