The SpeakerCraft MZC-66 Multi-Zone AV Amplifier Controller is a heavy duty AV amplifier and controller that was designed for multi-zone residential and commercial custom installation applications. Twelve 30-Watt channel digital audio power amplifiers offer powerful audio for up to 6 discrete zones, and the user can choose from 6 audio video source inputs. Packing many features into a small chassis, the unit is expandable up to 24 separate zones for any future increases in power needs.
The unit has several convenient features such as doorbell and phone triggers that the user can program to automatically mute your programming when your doorbell rings or the phone rings, resuming playback after a programmed period of time. Additionally, the system ensures security and comfort, as you can route a video signal from a security camera to TVs throughout your zones. The convenient Picture-In-Picture feature allows you to see who is at your door while your programming continues to play on-screen.
MZC-66 Controller/Amplifier Features and Specifications:
- Multi-Zone Distribution
- With support of 6 discrete zones of your home or other space, you can distribute audio to different areas and choose between 6 different sources.
- Phone and Video Paging
- An RCA jack provides input for line level audio source such as telephone systems, door mics or other audio paging sources. Another RCA jack allows input for composite video from doorbell paging systems, cameras or other composite video sources. Both can be turned on as an event when triggered by the doorbell/status in jacks using EZ-Tools programming.
- Expanding Your System
- Two RJ45 jacks can be used for looping system data to additional units in expanded systems. These jacks can also be used for connection of specialized RS485 controlled products like the SpeakerCraft MODE. The adapter/base lets you add iPods or SpeakerCraft RSA-1.0(s) so that you can control several RS32 devices.
- Two RCA jacks (one pair per zone) provide left and right line-level audio outputs for driving external high-power two-channel amplifiers in large or outdoor zones or a critical listening zone, or driving a multi-channel amplifier for additional rooms, (sub-zone expansion) where needed.
- Hand-Held Remote Control
- The included EZ-Pad version MKP-1.1 has a built-in SpeakerCraft ANS IR receiver so you can use a standard hand-held remote to control your system. This gives you additional flexibility when using the unit.
- Video Output
- Six RCA jacks give you composite video output capability, dedicating one jack for each zone. 75 ohm outputs allow for matched line impedance, offering quality video over RG6 coaxial for lengths up to 500 feet.
- Keypad Compatibility
- The system is compatible with SpeakerCraft EZ-Pad, IMKP, and MODE 3.1 keypads (which are not included). They can be set up in a variety of configurations and are connected by CAT-5 cable with home run lengths of up to 1000 feet. Programming is done with EZ-Tools, a Windows software system designed by SpeakerCraft.
- System Updating
- Firmware updates are achieved by using the 3.5mm control port along with the firmware upgrade switch. Additionally, the control port can serve as a bi-directional RS-232 interface so you can control the system with external devices.
- Discrete On / Off
- When pressing the on position, the unit is placed in power on standby, which allows individual zones to be turned on and off by keypad or touch panel commands. In the off position, power from the AC mains is completely turned off.
- LED Indicators
- Six LED lights indicate which zones are currently active. Indented spaces accept adhesive backed labels for zone/room identification. A sheet of descriptive labels, typical of room or area names used in homes, is included. A red indicator LED lets you know when the master power switch is in the depressed position and that power is applied from the AC mains.
Number of Channels 12 Power Rating 30W x 2 into 8 Ohms
45W x 2 into 4 Ohms
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) <0.7% Input Sensitivity 300 μV, VC; 2.8V NVC Input Impedance >22 K Ohms Output Voltage 1.7V, VC setting, VC max
180 μV, NVC setting
(Pre-outs w/300 μV at source inputs)
Output Impedance <300 Ohms for pre-outs Frequency Response 20 Hz to 20 kHz Channel Separation >50 dB @ 10 kHz Crosstalk >65 dB @ 10 kHz Signal to Noise Ratio >100 dB Connectors 6 x RCA (Stereo Audio, Composite Video) Inputs
6 x RCA (Stereo Audio, Composite Video) Outputs
6 x Composite Video Outputs (1 per Zone)
6 x Analog Audio (L,R) Pre-Outputs
6 x (L,R) Speaker Terminals
2 x RCA Inputs (Phone/Video Page)
2 x 3.5 mm Jack Trigger Inputs (Doorbell/Status)
6 x EZ-Pad Connectors
2 x RJ45 Jacks
1 x 3.5mm 4-Circuit Mini Jack Control Port
18 x 3.5mm Jack Outputs (IR Signals)
1 x AC Power Input
Controls 1 x Firmware Upgrade On/Off Switch
1 x Hi/Lo IR Power Switch
6 x VC/NVC Switches
1 x Power Button
Indicators 7 x Power LED
MZC-66 Controller/Amplifier Applications:
Personal home theater uses
Professional and custom applications