The Denon Professional DN-700R Network SD and USB Recorder is a 1U rack mountable recorder and audio playback device designed for installed sound applications such as houses of worship, education, and more. The unit can record to both SD/SDHC cards and USB media either one at a time for longer recording times or simultaneously to both mediums for backup. The unit features extensive DLNA/UPnp networking capabilities such as automatic or timed FTP file archiving of recorded audio with scheduled Network Timer Protocol, as well as full Web setup and control using IP. The built-in Web remote enables full control of the recorder using a mobile browser.
The front panel of the recorder features an OLED display for showing information such as time, sample rate, and file name. A set of rubberized buttons control basic functions such as record, stop, pause, play, forward, back, as well as menu control and file management functions such as move, copy, combine, divide, and undo. A shift button changes these buttons to functions such as dimming the display, marking files, record monitoring, switching to frame mode, and adjusting pitch. A rotary knob button controls recording level, recording balance, and navigates the menu settings. The front of the unit has two SD/SDHC card slots for inserting recording media with ejection buttons, as well as a USB female type A port for plugging in USB media such as thumb drives and external USB hard drives. A second USB female type A port allows you to plug in a USB QWERTY keyboard for entering file information while recording. The unit also includes a 1/4″ headphone out and headphone level control knob for monitoring while recording or listening to recorded tracks.
For I/O, the back of the unit features left and right balanced analog 3-pin XLR female inputs, left and right unbalanced analog RCA inputs, a balanced digital 3-pin XLR AES/EBU input, an unbalanced digital coaxial SPDIF input, left and right balanced analog 3-pin XLR male outputs, left and right unbalanced analog RCA outputs, a balanced digital 3-pin XLR AES/EBU output, and an unbalanced coaxial SPDIF output. For remote control, the unit features both an RS-232C and a 25-pin parallel port. The included rack ears can be removed for tabletop operation.
- Network Enabled
- Provides full setup and control of recorder over IP as well as automatic and timed FTP file archiving using Network Timer Protocol
- Product Manager Software
- Provides Web remote control from a network connected PC or Mac and allows you to control the recorder using a mobile browser including sequenced programming of multiple recorders and power on/off capabilities
- Recording Media
- Records to both SD and SDHC cards as well as USB media in either dual simultaneous mode for redundant backup or serially one followed by the other in relay/cascade mode for longer recording times
- Features balanced XLR analog and AES/EBU digital I/O as well as unbalanced RCA analog and SPDIF digital I/O
- Remote Control
- Compatible with RS-232C, Parallel GPIO, and Denon’s RC-400S “Hot Start” serial remote controller for installed applications
- Direct Control
- Features bright OLED display and large function buttons for changing recorder settings
- Front Panel USB Keyboard Input
- Features USB port for connecting to a USB keyboard and manually editing file name information while recording
- Timer Record and Playback
- Records and plays audio according to user-specified markers in time code
- DMP Mark Editor Software
- Includes Windows software for editing markers and marker labels placed within the audio file
- Switchable XLR/Line Combination Inputs
- Provides optional +48V of phantom power for condenser microphones and can be switched to line level operation