The Denon DN-500R Audio Recorder is a 1U rack mountable recorder and audio playback device. This recorder has been designed for installed sound applications such as houses of worship, education, and more. The Denon DN-500R Audio Recorder can record to both SD/SDHC cards and USB media either one at a time for longer recording times or simultaneously to both mediums for backup.
The front panel of the Denon DN-500R Audio Recorder features an OLED display for showing information such as time, sample rate, and file name. A set of rubberized buttons control basic functions (record, stop, pause, play, forward, back), as well as menu control and file management functions (move, copy, combine, divide, and undo). A shift button changes these buttons to functions such as dimming the display, marking files, record monitoring, switching to frame mode, and adjusting pitch. A rotary knob button easily controls recording level, recording balance, and navigates the menu settings. The front of the unit has an SD/SDHC card slot for inserting recording media with ejection button, as well as a USB female type A port for plugging in USB media such as thumb drives and external USB hard drives. A second USB female type A port allows you to plug in a USB QWERTY keyboard. You can then enter file information while recording. The Denon DN-500R Audio Recorder also comes with a 1/4″ headphone out and headphone level control knob for monitoring while recording or listening to recorded tracks.
For I/O, the back of the Denon DN-500R Audio Recorder features left and right balanced analog 3-pin XLR female inputs. It also has left and right unbalanced analog RCA inputs, a balanced digital 3-pin XLR AES/EBU input, an unbalanced digital coaxial SPDIF input, left and right balanced analog 3-pin XLR male outputs, left and right unbalanced analog RCA outputs, a balanced digital 3-pin XLR AES/EBU output, and an unbalanced coaxial SPDIF output. For remote control, the unit features both an RS-232C and a 25-pin parallel port. The included rack ears are removable for tabletop operation.
- Denon DN-500R Audio Recorder – Media.
- Records to both SD and SDHC cards as well as USB media in either dual simultaneous mode for redundant backup or serially one followed by the other in relay/cascade mode for longer recording times.
- Denon DN-500R Audio Recorder Connections.
- Features balanced XLR analog and AES/EBU digital I/O as well as unbalanced RCA analog and SPDIF digital I/O.
- Denon DN-500R Audio Recorder Remote Control.
- Compatible with RS-232C, Parallel GPIO, and Denon’s RC-400S “Hot Start” serial remote controller for installed applications.
- Denon DN-500R Audio Recorder Direct Control.
- Features bright OLED display and large function buttons for changing recorder settings.
- Front Panel USB Keyboard Input.
- Features USB port for connecting to a USB keyboard and manually editing file name information while recording.
- Denon DN-500R Audio Recorder Timer Record and Playback.
- Records and plays audio according to user-specified markers in time code.
- DMP Mark Editor Software.
- Includes Windows software for editing markers and marker labels placed within the audio file.